Congratulations to the following senior and junior barristers who received awards for their pro bono work:
- Debbie Mortimer SC (Victorian pro bono trophy).
- Kathryn Bundrock (Daniel Pollak readers award).
- Emrys Nekvapil (Ron Castan QC award for counsel of 1 to 6 years standing).
- Ashley Halphen and Serge Petrovich (Susan Crennan AC QC award for counsel of 7 to 15 years standing).
- Fiona McLeod SC (Ron Merkel QC award for counsel of 15 years + standing and/or silk).
- The team in Rowe & Anor v Electoral Commissioner & Anor, including Ron Merkel QC, Kristen Walker, Fiona Forsyth and Neil McAteer (Public interest/justice innovation award).
I also perform pro bono work and I find it very rewarding. I encourage all barristers and solicitors to engage in and support pro bono work, whether on a small, medium or large scale.